There are 3 easy ways to donate books:
Got Books finds great new uses for your books, CDs, DVDs and audio books. There are three ways to donate books: drop them in one of our hundreds of collection containers, or we’ll pick them up from your home or office, or you can mail them to us.
1. Use our convenient Drop-Off Containers!
We have hundreds of book donation drop-off locations throughout New England that benefit local charities, schools, clubs and nonprofits. Each time you put books in one of these containers a nonprofit organization benefits, because we pay them for the books!
Find a location near you!
2. Use our FREE Pick-Up Service!
Call 978.284.2500 or fill out a Pick-Up Request Form to schedule a FREE book collection pick-up in many areas of MA & southern NH for 50 books or more.
3. Mail them to us!
To help keep your cost as low as possible, we recommend you use Media Mail from the USPS. Ship your donated books to:
Got Books Inc.
255 Andover Street
Wilmington, MA 01887
As a for-profit book reuse company Got Books finds good homes for donated books, CDs, DVDs, audio books, and records. Donated books are first hand sorted at our warehouse to determine their best use. Books that can be repurposed and reused are sold through the Used Book Superstores or online. Books that are damaged or are unusable are recycled. Got Books operates several philanthropic programs that distribute thousands of books for free:
-Books for Troops program sends books to local residents serving our military overseas each year
-Books for Teachers program provides book donations and special educational discounts to teachers and schools
-Got Books Great Book Give Away program donates books to every student in a school or classroom
What to donate?
We accept Books, DVDs, CDs, Audio Books & Records in reusable condition. If you have any questions, please call us at 978.416.8288
Please note that we’re unable to accept encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, VHS tapes or catalogs & that we have the most success finding new uses for donated books published in the last 40 years. Also, please make sure that the books you donate are intended to be donated, as we cannot locate & return items after they have been donated.
Why Donate? Top Ten Reasons:
10. It’s easy! We offer a FREE pick-up service & hundreds of drop-off locations.
9. We’ll find a great new use for your donated books and other items.
8. Donating used books you don’t need allows the books to go to someone who does!
7. Donated books are sold at our Used Book Superstore at deeply discounted prices.
6. Donated books are sent overseas through our Books for Troops program.
5. Local teachers get free books through our Books for Teachers program.
4. Books are donated to local students through our Great Book Give Aways.
3. Items donated in drop-off containers raise money for the groups hosting them!
2. Donating books keeps them out of our landfills!
1. We find new uses for donated books so no books will EVER go to waste!
If in doubt, don’t throw them out! We’ll come get them!